* Default compiler flags in specs file
@ 2004-11-17 12:57 Asfand Yar Qazi
From: Asfand Yar Qazi @ 2004-11-17 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Does anybody know if its possible to change the default compiler flags
gcc sends to the cc1 and cc1plus commands in the specs file?  Or are
they hardcoded into the gcc frontend?

I'm talking about flags like -mtune, etc. which seem to appear when
gcc is called as 'gcc -v'.

Thanks,
	Asfand Yar

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/

* Re: Default compiler flags in specs file
@ 2004-11-22 14:58 ` Nix
From: Nix @ 2004-11-22 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Asfand Yar Qazi; +Cc: gcc-help

On 17 Nov 2004, Asfand Yar Qazi uttered the following:
> Does anybody know if its possible to change the default compiler flags
> gcc sends to the cc1 and cc1plus commands in the specs file?

You can change them there --- although as it makes your makefiles have
different effects on your system than on others', you might not like to
do that.

> I'm talking about flags like -mtune, etc. which seem to appear when
> gcc is called as 'gcc -v'.

You'd better add them in a new specs line called from *cpp:, *cc1:, and
*cc1plus:, since it should be defined before the *cpp_cpu line is
reached.

Myself, I'd prefer to use a site-config file and/or a makefile fragment.

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see