* bootstrapping Ada: how to get shared libgnat?
@ 2002-10-02 10:52 S11001001
From: S11001001 @ 2002-10-02 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

After a couple of make bootstraps, built against act-europe's binaries,
I have successfully bootstrap a working Ada toolchain. However, I have
one more bit of trouble: How do I build *only* shared libraries, or at
least make them the default? I found a gnatlib-shared target in
gcc/Makefile, used it, failed, dropped libaddr2line from the act-europe
distribution into my lib directory, tried again, it worked. After
installation, it continued to use the static libs, so I moved them out
of the way, and got

/home/sc87/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux-gnu/3.2/adalib//libgnat.so:
undefined reference to `xstrdup'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gnatlink: cannot call /home/sc87/bin/gcc
gnatmake: *** link failed.

BTW, if I get this all working, I'll post a doc, if you like.

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://dotgnu.org

I hate to break it to you, but there is no God.
	-- RMS

* Re: bootstrapping Ada: how to get shared libgnat?
@ 2002-10-06  9:04 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-10-06  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S11001001; +Cc: gcc-help

S11001001 <rushing@sigecom.net> writes:

> After a couple of make bootstraps, built against act-europe's
> binaries, I have successfully bootstrap a working Ada
> toolchain. However, I have one more bit of trouble: How do I build
> *only* shared libraries, or at least make them the default?

I'm not sure if shared libraries are supported at all at the moment.
If I were you, I wouldn't use them because things are still in a flux
(at least behind some doors, inaccessible to the general public).