* RE: checking out 2.95.3 branch
@ 2000-12-27  3:21 David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2000-12-27  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'igor@txc.com', gcc-help

    Hi Igor,

 The tag you want is "gcc-2_95-branch", so add "-r gcc-2_95-branch" to
your cvs command line. There's no tag that refers to 2.95.3 directly;
gcc-2_95-branch is the current latest working version, and when the
release is done a tag for gcc-2_95_3-release (or similar) will be made.
After that, gcc-2_95-branch will be considered the development branch for
2.95.4.

     DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: checking out 2.95.3 branch
@ 2000-12-27  8:12 ` Igor Schein
From: Igor Schein @ 2000-12-27  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Korn; +Cc: 'igor@txc.com', gcc-help

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 11:24:07AM -0000, David Korn wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for your help.  I have another similar question.  On Dec 11, 2.95.2.1
release showed up on sourceware ftp site, marked as unretrievable.
I'm curious, when there's a dead silence around this release, and how
is it related to 2.95.3 subbranch.

Thanks

Igor

* Re: checking out 2.95.3 branch
@ 2000-12-27 12:07   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-27 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: igor; +Cc: David Korn, gcc-help

  In message < 20001227111216.G5475@neptune.txc.com >you write:
   > release showed up on sourceware ftp site, marked as unretrievable.
  > I'm curious, when there's a dead silence around this release, and how
  > is it related to 2.95.3 subbranch.
It's a release to fix the problems with glibc-2.2.  No more, no less.  I've
just been basically out of touch too much recently to fix a minor packaging
problem and get the updated tarballs out.

jeff

* RE: checking out 2.95.3 branch
@ 2000-12-27  8:29 David Korn
>Thanks for your help. I have another similar question. On Dec 11, 2.95.2.1
>release showed up on sourceware ftp site, marked as unretrievable.
>I'm curious, when there's a dead silence around this release, and how
>is it related to 2.95.3 subbranch.

 According to http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-12/msg01187.html ,
it's some experimental version that Jeff Law was working on but seems to
have put to one side through lack of time.

       DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I
forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large
numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online
community."

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* checking out 2.95.3 branch