* Help - cross-compiler for powerpc-linux
@ 2000-12-20  7:38 Gentry, Jeff
From: Gentry, Jeff @ 2000-12-20  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc-Bugs-Mailing (E-mail), Gcc-Help-Mailing (E-mail),
	Gcc-Mailing (E-mail), Gcc-Patches-Mailing (E-mail),
	Debian-Announce-Mailing (E-mail), Debian-Cd-Mailing (E-mail),
	Debian-Changes-Mailing (E-mail),
	Debian-Commercial-Mailing (E-mail), Debian-Devel-Mailing (E-mail),
	Debian-Glibc-Mailing (E-mail), Debian-News-Mailing (E-mail),
	Debian-Powerpc-Mailing (E-mail),
	Debian-Toolchain-Mailing (E-mail), Debian-User-Mailing (E-mail)

I posted this once before but I have suffered a major failure with my mail
system.

I am a newbie to gnu, linux, and powerpc.
I need to generate a cross-toolchain for host=i686-linux and
target=powerpc-linux.

I have Debian GNU/Linux 'potato' cds for:
i386-binaries
powerpc-binaries
all-sources

I do not have any access to a powerpc machine. My code will be for an
embedded system running Linux.

Can I get the required target libraries and header files to build
powerpc-linux-gcc from these cds?
If so can someone give me some details?
If not can someone offer an alterative? - maybe even a system to ftp files
from?

Thanks for any help you can give

Jeff Gentry,
Sr. Software Design Engineer
PEI Electronics,
An Integrated Defense Technologies Company
Email: JGentry@pei-idt.com
Voice: (256) 895-2106
Fax:   (256) 895-2222

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-12-20  7:38 UTC | newest]