* RE: Compile Linux binary on Windows?
@ 2004-12-10 23:10 Ramadass, Ramanathan
From: Ramadass, Ramanathan @ 2004-12-10 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bobef, Brian Rose; +Cc: gcc-help

For details on building a Cygwin hosted(on windows) toolchain for Linux
targets see the howto at;

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-linux-cr
oss-howto.txt

Thanks
Ram

From: Brian Rose @ 2004-12-10 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gcc-help

--

Brian

* Re: Compile Linux binary on Windows?
@ 2004-12-10 12:06 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-12-10 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Borislav Peev, gcc-help

Hi bobef,

Are you looking for GCC as a cross-compiler?  That is, you want to make
Linux binaries on a Windows box.  It's possible, as I understand it (never
done it myself) -- look for instructions on building GCC as a cross compiler.

Or are you looking to compile Linux source code on a Windows box as a
Windows program?  In which case I recommend Cygwin from the www.cygwin.com
URL, which incorporates both MinGW (GCC making "pure Windows" programs), as
well as a Cygwin (GCC making "Unix lookalike/workalike programs dependent
on the Cygwin.dll layer").

Note:  if you install Cygwin, by default, the installer only installs a
minimal subset.  Either make sure you grab all the GCC components (under
the dev label), or just install everything at the top-most level (although
that uses a lot of disk space and takes some time to install).

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: Compile Linux binary on Windows?
@ 2004-12-10 11:07 ` Vincent Torri
From: Vincent Torri @ 2004-12-10 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Borislav Peev; +Cc: gcc-help

look at msys/mingw :

http://www.mingw.org

regards

Vincent TORRI

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Borislav Peev wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am searching the web for solution to compile Linux binaries on windows
> platform. I'm stuck and
> because gcc is available for so many platforms I hope there is way to
> accomplish this task.
> This really could save me A LOT of restarts... Please excuse me if this
> is not the right please to ask
> or if I missed something in the documentation.
>
> Best regard, bobef.

* Compile Linux binary on Windows?
@ 2004-12-10 10:19 Borislav Peev
                   ` (2 more replies)