* Fwd: g++ Compiler help...
       [not found] <9bf3b7d60801110729y2a62cf2bhd17f5a23bf18c075@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-01-12 22:36 ` Pramod R Teewaree
From: Pramod R Teewaree @ 2008-01-12 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear Sir,
       Can i please have an idea how does G++ Generates the error
message that are displayed on the output screen while compiling? Are
there any tables that are used to reference abt the errors, how they
detect the errors and how does g++ generate them? Can u please give me
a help? I need these information for my University Project...
       Thanking you in advance...

--
Regards
<--Pramod-->

* RE: g++ Compiler help...
@ 2008-01-12 22:45   ` John (Eljay) Love-Jensen
From: John (Eljay) Love-Jensen @ 2008-01-12 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leela.balgobin, gcc-help

Hi Pramod,

> Can i please have an idea how does G++ Generates the error message that are displayed on the output screen while compiling? Are there any tables that are used to reference abt the errors, how they detect the errors and how does g++ generate them? Can u please give me a help? I need these information for my University Project...

Certainly!  That's the beauty of open-source!

Error messages are generated at various points in the compiler pipeline, when a violation is detected pertinent to that stage in the compilation process.

You can download and inspect the GCC source for more details:
http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

HTH,
--Eljay