* Bootstrap compare failure with 3.3.3 on ia64-linux
@ 2004-04-13 14:40 Tim Mueller
From: Tim Mueller @ 2004-04-13 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I'm using gmake and gcc 2.96 to compile gcc 3.3.3 on linux kernel
2.4.21-sgi230r7 on an ia64 machine.  I keep getting the following error:

Bootstrap comparison failure!
java/decl.o differs

This has previously been reported here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-01/msg02145.html

and here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-07/msg00084.html

However, it does not appear that it was resolved in either case, and I have
been unable to find an open bug that addresses this problem.  I'm afraid I'm
not familiar enough with the make process to understand the latter thread
thoroughly.  Is there a known workaround for this issue?

Tim

Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and
more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-13 14:40 UTC | newest]