* complex numbers functions in C
@ 2004-03-10 14:11 amos eitan
From: amos eitan @ 2004-03-10 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi
I am an electro physics engineer trying my first steps in programming. I am
trying to program a simple routine for integrating fields (I am using
gcc-2.95.3). I must use complex numbers and I donÂ’t know the functions, the
declaration of the variables and how to print a complex number using
“fprintf” with a complex format. Can anybody help me?
Thanks
Amos

* RE: complex numbers functions in C
@ 2004-03-12 18:15 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-03-12 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amoseitan, gcc-help

Amos,

Neither C nor C++ (and hence GCC) natively supports working with complex
numbers.  For that, you will need to use a specialized math library.
While I don't know of any specific ones off the top of my head, I know
that several are available.  A quick search of the Internet would
probably turn up a few choices.

Good luck,
Lyle

I am an electro physics engineer trying my first steps in programming. I
am
trying to program a simple routine for integrating fields (I am using
gcc-2.95.3). I must use complex numbers and I don't know the functions,