* GCC OPTIMIZER
@ 2004-09-14  5:33 Lalit Seth
From: Lalit Seth @ 2004-09-14  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: lalit

Hi,

I am having a set of files in One of the Module.
In which one of the file does compiled if no optimizer is specified ie
-O,-O1,-O2,-O3.

But keeps on compiling the same when optimizer is defined at this time CPU
Utilization is 100%.
At end if have to stop it as i have given it 5 mins to do so :(.

What can be the reasons for the same. From where i can start tracing it. Any
tool for the same.

Many Thanks

The new MSN toolbar! Your shortcut to the internet!
http://toolbar.msn.co.in/ Access a world of convenience!

* RE: GCC OPTIMIZER
@ 2004-09-15 11:56 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-09-15 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lalit Seth, gcc-help

Hi Lalit,

What OS are you using?

What version of GCC are you using?

Can you isolate the problem...
1. Could you break up the translation unit to separate files, such that
there is merely one routine per source file?
2. And make sure that the header files which are included are minimal?
3. Create a standalone source file -- a "toy routine" -- that exhibits the
bad behavior?
4. Submit that compilable (with no optimizer flags) / non-compilable (with
optimizer flag) toy routine to this forum?
5. Specify all the compiler flags you utilize.
6. Provide the result of "gcc -v" or "g++ -v".

Thanks,
--Eljay

* Re: GCC OPTIMIZER
@ 2004-09-15  9:39 ` Arno Wilhelm
From: Arno Wilhelm @ 2004-09-15  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

> Does anybody have clue for this :(

I think the reason why nobdy answers is that nodboy knows really what you are
talking about (or at least I do not know).
Maybe you could formulate your question a bit different ?

Arno

>> From: "Lalit Seth" <laalit_seth@hotmail.com>
>> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>> CC: lalit@warehouseoptimization.com
>> Subject: GCC OPTIMIZER
>> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:58:12 +0530
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having a set of files in One of the Module.
>> In which one of the file does compiled if no optimizer is specified ie
>> -O,-O1,-O2,-O3.
>>
>> But keeps on compiling the same when optimizer is defined at this time
>> CPU Utilization is 100%.
>> At end if have to stop it as i have given it 5 mins to do so :(.
>>
>> What can be the reasons for the same. From where i can start tracing
>> it. Any tool for the same.
>>
>> Many Thanks

>> The new MSN toolbar! Your shortcut to the internet!
>> http://toolbar.msn.co.in/ Access a world of convenience!

> 1 Paisa No Reserve Auctions.
> http://ads2.baazee.com/cgi-bin/banners/redirect.pl?id=2553 T-Shirts,
> Shirts, Kurtas, Apparels.