* Re: C programming Student
@ 2003-08-27 21:33 Keen Wayne A Contr AFRL/MNGG
From: Keen Wayne A Contr AFRL/MNGG @ 2003-08-27 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Your question is really off topic for this mailing list, it is the
sort of question you should ask on the Cygwin maling list.

One general observation that may or may not be helpful.
By default, GCC is *not* installed in the default (minimal)
Cygwin installation.  GCC is in the development category.
My advice to you is to run setup again, and click open
the various categories, and make sure you have installed
all the stuff you really want to install.  And make sure you
install the stuff in the development category.

Wayne

* C programming Student
@ 2003-08-27 21:25 Victoria Alvarez
From: Victoria Alvarez @ 2003-08-27 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
	I'm hoping you can help...I am a student at Valencia cc in Orlando, fl and
am taking c programming...we are using cygwin for our c compiler...I
downloaded cygwin and installed it...however, when I type: gcc
a:\firstprog.c -o a:\firstprog.exe at the dollar sign prompt and hit return,
I get this error message:  bash: gcc: command not found
Please help!
Thank you,
Victoria Alvarez