From: Zopolis0 <creatorsmithmdt@gmail.com>
To: Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xry111.site>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libjava configure fails on finding no C compiler in $PATH despite gcc being present
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 17:23:45 +1000	[thread overview]

The code is public:
https://github.com/Zopolis4/gcj, I posted it a while ago in an different
question but presumably nobody saw that because there were no replies iirc.
If I should post it in each question then I'll do that.

I'd welcome help from GCC hackers and people interested in java, but this
list is the best way I can think of to contact them, and it feels rude to
randomly email someone who I've never met before and ask for help, as
opposed to submitting a question to a dedicated question mailing list.

In regards to the issue, I am running ./configure from a seperate empty
directory outside of the gcc tree (../gcj/configure --enable-languages=java)

To my knowledge the build system invokes the configure script in libjava as
it does all the others, I think the issue is within the script itself. How
would I check the way it is running the configure script? It dosent seem to
show up in the build output.