From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
To: Zopolis0 <creatorsmithmdt@gmail.com>
Cc: Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xry111.site>, gcc-help <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: libjava configure fails on finding no C compiler in $PATH despite gcc being present
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:10:04 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, 10 May 2022 at 08:24, Zopolis0 via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> The code is public:
> https://github.com/Zopolis4/gcj, I posted it a while ago in an different
> question but presumably nobody saw that because there were no replies iirc.
> If I should post it in each question then I'll do that.

I think it would be helpful to include the github repo URL in each new
thread. Not everybody who reads each thread will have kept all your
previous emails in their inbox, and probably won't bother to go
digging through the online archives hoping to find it.

> I'd welcome help from GCC hackers and people interested in java, but this
> list is the best way I can think of to contact them, and it feels rude to
> randomly email someone who I've never met before and ask for help, as
> opposed to submitting a question to a dedicated question mailing list.
>
> In regards to the issue, I am running ./configure from a seperate empty
> directory outside of the gcc tree (../gcj/configure --enable-languages=java)

Then it's very confusing to keep saying "./configure" which makes it
look like you're running it from within the source tree. If you just
mean the configure script, call it configure, not ./configure (which
is a path, not just the name of the script).