* GNU fortran compiler
@ 2020-08-20  1:36 leomane1
From: leomane1 @ 2020-08-20  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Sir:I would like to use the GNU fortran compiler. I would like to know
if it comes with:
1. A developer enviroment.2. Callable libraries such as BLAS.
Also, is there site where I can chat, so that I can properly install
the application on my computer.
Thank you.Jim Brown

* Re: GNU fortran compiler
@ 2020-08-20  1:50 ` Dennis Clarke
From: Dennis Clarke @ 2020-08-20  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 8/19/20 9:36 PM, leomane1@twc.com wrote:
> Sir:I would like to use the GNU fortran compiler. I would like to know
> if it comes with:
> 1. A developer enviroment.2. Callable libraries such as BLAS.
> Also, is there site where I can chat, so that I can properly install
> the application on my computer.
> Thank you.Jim Brown

All these questions are generally handled by your operating system
vendor who most likely provides all that you need already.

However, in general, the GNU Compiler Collection is available freely
in source code form and you are perfectly fine to download it and to
then compile it from source.  This is non-trivial for most people. It
is non-trivial even for people who have done this before.

All of the usual BLAS functions are available however they are separate
and not provided within the GNU Compiler Collection.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC

* Re: GNU fortran compiler
@ 2020-08-20  7:46 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-08-20  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leomane1; +Cc: gcc-help

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 02:38, <leomane1@twc.com> wrote:

> Sir:I would like to use the GNU fortran compiler. I would like to know
> if it comes with:
> 1. A developer enviroment.2. Callable libraries such as BLAS.
> Also, is there site where I can chat, so that I can properly install
> the application on my computer.

As Dennis mentioned, you would usually install packages provided by
your OS vendor, especially if you're using a linux distribution.

As for chatting about it, there is https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCConIRC
but you might be best off finding a forum specific to your OS or
distribution, where they will know about the best way to install
gfortran for your OS.