* Fail to configure gcc 4.7.2 with latest version of cloog
@ 2012-11-27  6:27 Steve Lorimer
From: Steve Lorimer @ 2012-11-27  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm trying to configure gcc 4.7.2 using the latest version of cloog
(version 0.17.0) which uses isl.

Configure fails because it requires version 0.16.1

Is the latest cloog version incompatible, or do I need to enable it
with a specific configure option?

Thanks
Steve

* Re: Fail to configure gcc 4.7.2 with latest version of cloog
@ 2012-11-27  6:31 ` Bryan Hundven
From: Bryan Hundven @ 2012-11-27  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Lorimer; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Steve Lorimer <steve.lorimer@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to configure gcc 4.7.2 using the latest version of cloog
> (version 0.17.0) which uses isl.
>
> Configure fails because it requires version 0.16.1
>
> Is the latest cloog version incompatible, or do I need to enable it
> with a specific configure option?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Considering that you have 3 threads now on the same mailing list for
similar reasons, I would suggest consolidating on one thread and leave
it there.

That said, I would suggest sticking with the versions recommended in
the build/installation documentation.

You could also checkout crosstool-ng ( http://crosstool-ng.org ).
They usually keep up to date on releases.

-Bryan

* Re: Fail to configure gcc 4.7.2 with latest version of cloog
@ 2012-11-27  6:35   ` Steve Lorimer
From: Steve Lorimer @ 2012-11-27  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryan Hundven; +Cc: gcc-help

Sorry - figured it was 3 different issues

1. cloog-isl requires ppl
2. ppl version incorrect
3. cloog version incorrect

Re no 3: Cloog version: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
says CLooG 0.17.0

I have no resolution for 1 or 2 yet

@ 2012-11-27  6:44     ` Steve Lorimer
From: Steve Lorimer @ 2012-11-27  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryan Hundven; +Cc: gcc-help

My apologies.. I really should RTFM !!

As you suggested - read the build/installation documentation - which
is different to http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

Thanks for the tip; and if I follow the included build docs I get what
I'm looking for!

@ 2012-11-27  8:12 ` niXman
From: niXman @ 2012-11-27  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Lorimer, gcc-help

2012/11/27 Steve Lorimer:
> I'm trying to configure gcc 4.7.2 using the latest version of cloog
> (version 0.17.0) which uses isl.
>
> Configure fails because it requires version 0.16.1
>
> Is the latest cloog version incompatible, or do I need to enable it
> with a specific configure option?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

--disable-ppl-version-check
--disable-cloog-version-check

--
Regards,
niXman

* Re: Fail to configure gcc 4.7.2 with latest version of cloog
@ 2012-11-27  9:30   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-11-27  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: niXman; +Cc: Steve Lorimer, gcc-help

On 27 November 2012 08:12, niXman <i.nixman@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/11/27 Steve Lorimer:
>> I'm trying to configure gcc 4.7.2 using the latest version of cloog
>> (version 0.17.0) which uses isl.
>>
>> Configure fails because it requires version 0.16.1
>>
>> Is the latest cloog version incompatible, or do I need to enable it
>> with a specific configure option?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Steve
>
> --disable-ppl-version-check
> --disable-cloog-version-check

Are you sure that will help?  GCC 4.7 uses cloog+ppl not cloog+isl,
instead of disabling the version checks it's better to just use the
versions of cloog+ppl stated in the docs bundled with the GCC 4.7
sources.