* Tip to reduce manual template declaration?
@ 2023-02-17  7:23 Julien D Arques
From: Julien D Arques @ 2023-02-17  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I just finished a project that required to generate a static library out of
heavily templated code.

It has been a productivity nightmare and will be hard to extend if needs be.
Many "extern template XXX" in .hpp and corresponding "template XXX" in .cpp
that killed my day (many possible type combinations).

That need may happen again in a future project and I really don't want to
reiterate what I did.

Maybe modules will help but I need a solution that can be applied now.

Do we have a hack in GCC to avoid this pitfall?