* Installing gfortran on macOS v12.2
       [not found] <4f0b5a33-b361-c4a6-fb41-c5fbe392db79.ref@sbcglobal.net>
@ 2022-02-22  2:50 ` Harold Corwin
From: Harold Corwin @ 2022-02-22  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, folks,

I've recently bought a new iMac with Apple's M1 chip running macOS
Monterey (v12.2).  I'd like to install gfortran on this machine, but so
far have not had much luck beyond successfully (I hope!) installing Xcode.

There is a lot online that could help, but I've not yet been able to
sift through it to the page(s) that I need.  So, is there a web page
with step-by-step instructions for getting gfortran going on a machine
like my new one?  I'm more or less familiar with UNIX and have used VAXs
and Macs pretty happily for nearly 40 years -- but the system's guys
have have always taken care of the gcc installation in the past!  Now
that I'm my own "system's guy", I find that I need a little help with
the details.

Thanks!
Harold Corwin

* Re: Installing gfortran on macOS v12.2
@ 2022-02-22 14:57   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2022-02-22 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harold Corwin; +Cc: gcc-help, Iain Sandoe

I think you should probably use Homebrew https://brew.sh/