* Inquiry for gcc test results
@ 2024-01-24  7:57 Sadineni Harish
From: Sadineni Harish @ 2024-01-24  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I was not able to find all the test results for gcc from following link
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-testresults/2024-January/805339.html,
only fail tests , xpass tests and summary information were available.

Where can I find all the test results like tests for expected passes,
expected failures and unsupported tests and also where to find failure logs.

Your assistance is highly valuable, and I look forward to your response

Thanks and Regards
Harish Sadineni

* Re: Inquiry for gcc test results
@ 2024-01-24  9:18 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-01-24  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sadineni Harish; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, 24 Jan 2024, 07:59 Sadineni Harish via Gcc-help, <
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was not able to find all the test results for gcc from following link
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-testresults/2024-January/805339.html,
> only fail tests , xpass tests and summary information were available.

Yes, the script that summarises the test results only shows the tests that
give the wrong result. That's how it's supposed to work, because there are
tens of thousands of tests and nearly all of them work correctly.

If the email summary included all the passing tests then the email would be
too large and get rejected from the mailing list.

> Where can I find all the test results like tests for expected passes,
> expected failures and unsupported tests and also where to find failure
> logs.

You can't find those online, but we I said, everything now shown there
passed, or failed as expected (XFAIL), or tests something for a different
target (UNSUPPORTED).

If you want the full results you need to run the tests yourself.

@ 2024-01-24  9:19   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-01-24  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sadineni Harish; +Cc: gcc-help