* How to use gccgo to test Go benchmarks
@ 2021-06-28 11:42 Hailing Luo
From: Hailing Luo @ 2021-06-28 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I have a question about gccgo. I want to test the performance between gccgo and go in GO benchmark.
For now, I have got some preliminary results in some benchmark such image/encoding/math. But I
cannot run the benchmarks in the directory of runtime by using go test (which go is compiled by gccgo),
any ideas or anyone else has tried this before? Thanks.
Best regards,
Luo.

* Re: How to use gccgo to test Go benchmarks
@ 2021-06-28 16:12 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2021-06-28 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hailing Luo; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 4:43 AM Hailing Luo via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> I have a question about gccgo. I want to test the performance between gccgo and go in GO benchmark.
> For now, I have got some preliminary results in some benchmark such image/encoding/math. But I
> cannot run the benchmarks in the directory of runtime by using go test (which go is compiled by gccgo),
> any ideas or anyone else has tried this before? Thanks.

There is no simple way to do this.

There is an annoying way that should work.  The check-runtime target
in gotools/Makefile.am will run the runtime tests.  You can edit the
script libgo/testsuite/gotest: look for -testshort and add
"-test.bench=.".  Then run "make check-runtime" in the gotools build
directory.  That should run the benchmarks.  But I haven't actually
tried this myself.

Ian