* Accessing special files?
@ 2023-05-03 23:40 Bernard Rich
From: Bernard Rich @ 2023-05-03 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have downloaded the latest version of Cygwin and cannot determine how to
access special files, specifically a flash drive. Will you please tell me
how to find the instructions? (I have read "Gcc Simplified" but did not
recognize directions for this)
Thank you very much.

* Re: Accessing special files?
@ 2023-05-04  6:49 ` David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2023-05-04  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernard Rich, gcc-help

On 04/05/2023 01:40, Bernard Rich via Gcc-help wrote:
> I have downloaded the latest version of Cygwin and cannot determine how to
> access special files, specifically a flash drive. Will you please tell me
> how to find the instructions? (I have read "Gcc Simplified" but did not
> recognize directions for this)
> Thank you very much.

This is something that is related to Cygwin, not gcc.  gcc is a C and
C++ compiler, and as far as the compiler and language are concerned,
files are files - there is nothing special about any of them.  Cygwin
provides POSIX compatibility layers and files to make a Windows system
look a bit more like a POSIX system - it is Cygwin that handles any
special files.  But the whole point of that is that, again, files are files.

Unless you are very lucky and find someone on this list that happens to
have worked with this kind of thing, this is not a good place to find
out more about Cygwin.  You'll be better off looking for Cygwin-specific
mailing lists or support forums.

David

* Re: Accessing special files?
@ 2023-05-04 13:46   ` Bernard Rich