* Reporting unnecessary inclusion of header files.
@ 2024-01-17 23:46 Rajeev Bansal
From: Rajeev Bansal @ 2024-01-17 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi All,

 I am looking for someone help on header file inclusion in C/CPP code. Can
gcc help me to report the unnecessary inclusion of header files in my
project? If not what are the other ways I can do it?

Thanks,
-Rajeev

* Re: Reporting unnecessary inclusion of header files.
@ 2024-01-18  9:02 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-01-18  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajeev Bansal; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024, 23:47 Rajeev Bansal via Gcc-help, <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  I am looking for someone help on header file inclusion in C/CPP code. Can
> gcc help me to report the unnecessary inclusion of header files in my
> project? If not what are the other ways I can do it?

No, gcc can't help with this. But there's a clang-based tool for it:
https://include-what-you-use.org/

* Re: Reporting unnecessary inclusion of header files.
@ 2024-01-18  9:18   ` Rajeev Bansal
From: Rajeev Bansal @ 2024-01-18  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks Jonathan. I have C++ code as well in my project, it looks like iwyu
is compatible with llvm+clang compiler, any idea it will work with gcc as
well?

Thanks,
-Rajeev

@ 2024-01-18  9:37     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-01-18  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajeev Bansal; +Cc: gcc-help

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024, 09:18 Rajeev Bansal, <connectrajeev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jonathan. I have C++ code as well in my project, it looks like iwyu
> is compatible with llvm+clang compiler, any idea it will work with gcc as
> well?

I'm not sure what you mean. As I said, it is a clang-based tool. It works
with both C and C++.

No, it won't work with GCC. It uses clang libraries.

@ 2024-01-18  9:40       ` Rajeev Bansal
From: Rajeev Bansal @ 2024-01-18  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc-help