* Re: gcc and libstdc++-V3 build later
@ 2021-10-09 19:06 unlvsur unlvsur
From: unlvsur unlvsur @ 2021-10-09 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, Xi Ruoyao

Hi Xi Ruoyao.

I can ensure libstdc++-v3 in GCC source could build with AVR.

In fact, I have my own local version of avr-gcc 12 with full libstdc++-v3 support on both my windows and Linux.

I believe your build process is wrong.

如果你要的话,可以加QQ群1076846339 , 我发给你。

* RE: gcc and libstdc++-V3 build later
@ 2021-10-09 19:10 ` unlvsur unlvsur
From: unlvsur unlvsur @ 2021-10-09 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, Xi Ruoyao

cqwrteur@Home-Server:~$ avr-g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Reading specs from /home/cqwrteur/cross/avr/lib/gcc/avr/12.0.0/device-specs/specs-avr2
COLLECT_GCC=avr-g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/home/cqwrteur/cross/avr/libexec/gcc/avr/12.0.0/lto-wrapper
Target: avr
Configured with: ../../../gcc/configure --disable-nls --disable-werror --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-libstdcxx-verbose --target=avr --prefix=/home/cqwrteur/cross/avr --with-gxx-libcxx-include-dir=/home/cqwrteur/cross/avr/avr/include/c++/v1 --enable-libstdcxx --disable-shared --disable-__cxa_atexit --disable-threads --disable-sjlj-exceptions --disable-libssp --with-avrlibc --enable-cstdio=stdio_pure
Thread model: single
Supported LTO compression algorithms: zlib
gcc version 12.0.0 20210811 (experimental) (GCC)

@ 2021-10-09 19:29 ` Xi Ruoyao
From: Xi Ruoyao @ 2021-10-09 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: unlvsur unlvsur, gcc-help

On Sat, 2021-10-09 at 19:06 +0000, unlvsur unlvsur wrote:
> Hi Xi Ruoyao.
>
> I can ensure libstdc++-v3 in GCC source could build with AVR.
>
> In fact, I have my own local version of avr-gcc 12 with full
> libstdc++-v3 support on both my windows and Linux.
>
> I believe your build process is wrong.

I've successfully built it with the process several years ago (with GCC-
8 or 9 IIRC).  Maybe it's wrong for 11 or 12, since I've not built avr-
gcc recently.

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@mengyan1223.wang>

* RE: gcc and libstdc++-V3 build later
@ 2021-10-09 20:08   ` unlvsur unlvsur
From: unlvsur unlvsur @ 2021-10-09 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xi Ruoyao, gcc-help

GCC8 and GCC9 is dead

GCC 11 is dead too.

Now it is the era of GCC 12.

@ 2021-10-06 17:50     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-10-06 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xi Ruoyao; +Cc: Bill Cunningham, gcc-help

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021, 18:22 Xi Ruoyao, <xry111@mengyan1223.wang> wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-10-04 at 23:23 +0100, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc-help wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 at 22:03, Bill Cunningham via Gcc-help
> > <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have bee looking at the LFS project. www.linuxfromscratch.org and
> > > find their instructions a bit difficult. But at one point there is a
> > > gcc
> > > compiler compiled and installed with the --disable-libstdcxx option.
> > > Later, you are supposed to go back to your build directory and
> > > install
> > > libstdc++. I am not asking anyone to go to linuxfromscratch and
> > > investigate it so I will explain as much as possible as I believe I
> > > need
> > > too.
> > >
> > >      This is compiling a "fake"cross compiler. Since everything is
> > > compiled from scratch, C++ libraries do not exist at the time of the
> > > first compilation. After glibc is built and installed, you go back
> > > gcc and compile the libstdcxx libraries of gcc. Exactly how is that
> > > done?
> >
> > Exactly as it says at
> >
> https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter05/gcc-libstdc++-pass1.html
>
> There is actually two ways for this.  One is our way in LFS, another is
> not to pass --disable-libstdcxx, but use "make all-gcc" and "make
> install-gcc" to install the compiler (without libstdc++) first.  Then,
> build and install libc.  Finally, go back to the gcc build directory,
> and run "make all" to build the parts depending on libc, which were not
> built with "make all-gcc".

Yes, that's what I do when testing cross compilers.

@ 2021-10-06 17:22   ` Xi Ruoyao
From: Xi Ruoyao @ 2021-10-06 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely, Bill Cunningham; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2021-10-04 22:23 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-10-04 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Cunningham; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2021-10-04 21:02 Bill Cunningham
From: Bill Cunningham @ 2021-10-04 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have bee looking at the LFS project. www.linuxfromscratch.org and I
find their instructions a bit difficult. But at one point there is a gcc
compiler compiled and installed with the --disable-libstdcxx option.
Later, you are supposed to go back to your build directory and install
libstdc++. I am not asking anyone to go to linuxfromscratch and
investigate it so I will explain as much as possible as I believe I need
too.

     This is compiling a "fake"cross compiler. Since everything is
compiled from scratch, C++ libraries do not exist at the time of the
first compilation. After glibc is built and installed, you go back to
gcc and compile the libstdcxx libraries of gcc. Exactly how is that
done? Am I off somewhere? The LFS documents I find to be a bit "unclear".

Bill