* Gnu gcc for SH7045F EVB from Hitachi
@ 2002-08-17  8:28 John O'Connor
From: John O'Connor @ 2002-08-17  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I am working with Hitachi SH7045F EVB, HDI-M and Gnu C Compiler toolchain.
Is anyone working with this or similar system and willing to share
advice/info?

I am attempting to get a simple interrupt service routine up and running,
using the WDT Interval Timer Mode Overflow interrupt to flash the green User
LED via PortE, bit 5, but it is not working properly. I think my problem may
revolve around fact that HDI-M, when loaded into Flash on the SH7045F,
displaces the Exception Processing Vector table from VBR = 0x00000000 to VBR
= 0x00400000, yet the VBR remains as 0x00000000 in the Register window.

Does HDI-M look after this displacement 'automatically', or must the user
copy the vectors used by the HDI-M to correct positions in the relocated
table at VBR = 0x00400000, locate the WDT Interval Timer Mode overflow
vector at location 0x00400260, correct offset from VBR = 0x00400000, and
then set VBR = 0x00400000?

I have tried writing a fragment of assembly to write 0x00400000 to VBR, but
Gnu C compiler does not seem to accept VBR as a valid operand of the
appropriate assembly language instructions, even though VBR is explicitly
stated as a valid operand for the instructions in the SH Assembly Language
Programming Manual.

Can anyone help?, please?

Regards,

John O'Connor

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-17 15:28 UTC | newest]