* Building g++ Cross Compiler on Cygwin
@ 2003-03-27 11:14 Paul@Nemerix
From: Paul@Nemerix @ 2003-03-27 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

  I've just built a g++ cross-compiler using
gcc-3.2.2/binutils-2.13.2.1/newlib-1.11.0 on Cygwin(Latest) for a SPARC V8.
However, I had to do the following when building the bootstrap compile to
avoid the "XGCC can't create executables" error during the second GCC
compile phase:

# Building bootstrap GCC

cd build-gcc

../$GCCDIR/configure --host=$HOST --target=$TARGET --prefix=$PREFIX -v \

--with-newlib --enable-languages=c++

# Do the following to build libstdc++ correctly ???

cd gcc; make installdirs; cd ..

make all-gcc install-gcc 2>&1 | tee make2.log

cd ..

The line to note is the "cd gcc; make installdirs; cd .. " line. Is there a
cleaner way of doing this, preferable using some configure switch?

Regards Paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-27 10:25 UTC | newest]