* Re: Core Dump , when running ./a.out
@ 2001-02-27 10:24 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-27 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hello Folks

 I tried all the procedures that is described below,

 when,  I use : setenv   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ucblib
I cannot use : vi anymore, because  , in my PATH,   (vi) is under /usr/bin.
I troed all the options.

when, I compile and run it (cores  dump), and the core dumb is coming from
:  #include <iostream.h>

it created a core file but, I cold not know , where is the core coming
from.
I tried to use :
gdb   ./a.out        (and several)   gdb is not exist on my system(even not
dbx), or several others.

my program is very simple:

#include <iostream.h>
main()
  {
    count << "this is a test\n";
 }

---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/27/2001 09:00 AM ---------------------------

David Berthelot <davidb@Magma-DA.COM>@Magma-DA.COM on 02/26/2001 02:08:00
PM

Sent by:  davidb@Magma-DA.COM

To:   aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com
cc:

Subject:  Re: Core Dump , when running ./a.out

aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> I compiled my bb.cc  program
> using /usr/local/bin/g++  bb.cc
>
> I tried to compile with :   bb.cpp. bb.c, bb.cc, bb.C   almost all the
> options.

It should have no influence.

> when I run my ./a.out    file
> it gives me the following message:
>
> /usr/ucblib/libucb.so.1  not found

Ok so far, it is a problem of shared libraries.

> So I resolve this problem by usig :  ld   -R  /usr/ucblib

> BUT, now,   when , I run ./a.out , it complains :    core dump

Ok, can you try that:
(use tcsh):
tcsh > setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/ucblib
tcsh > /usr/local/bin/g++ bb.cc
tcsh > a.out

If it doesn't work, try to debug and see where  it crashes:
Compiling with debug ->
tcsh > /usr/local/bin/g++ -g bb.cc
tcsh > gdb a.out
(gdb) > run

> and my program looks like this:
>
> #include <iostream.h>
>
> main()
>  {
>     int a;
>     a = 1;
>
>    cout    << "  I am testing  " <<   a;
> }
>
> I tried all the option , I change the path of the iostream.h file in my
> program  to:
> #include   "/my/path/iostream.h"      for example.

It should have no effect, the headers are recognized, it is the library
(binary machine code that is not found).

Good luck,

David

* Re: Core Dump , when running ./a.out
@ 2001-02-28  9:57 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-28  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaboulhosn; +Cc: aoliva, Help-gcc

On Feb 28, 2001, aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> The only thing I did,  I installed the patch:
>   and all the files took the path:   /usr/local  etc.

Do you mean you installed a pre-compiled GCC?  It's likely to require
a pre-compiled binutils too.

* RE: Core Dump , when running ./a.out
@ 2001-02-28  8:18 David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2001-02-28  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Abdelshakour Abuzneid'; +Cc: Help-gcc

>Please remove me fron your list. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

  Is it possible that you have been sending mail to

when really you should have been sending mail to

since the mailing list you are subscribed to is 'gcc-help', not the main
'gcc' list?

           DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to us!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: Core Dump , when running ./a.out
@ 2001-02-28  8:03 ` Abdelshakour Abuzneid
From: Abdelshakour Abuzneid @ 2001-02-28  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaboulhosn; +Cc: aoliva, Help-gcc

Please remove me fron your list. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

;.............................................................;
|Abdelshakour Abuzneid                           MS, MCSE, MCP|
|Director of Systems Operations  Email:abuzneid@bridgeport.edu|
|Phone (203) 576-4113                       169 University Ave|
|Fax (203) 576-4766                Bridgeport, CT 06601, U.S.A|
+.............................................................+

@ 2001-02-28  7:51 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-28  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aoliva, Help-gcc

To:   aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com
cc:   Help-gcc@gnu.org

@ 2001-02-28  7:40 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-28  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaboulhosn; +Cc: Help-gcc

@ 2001-02-28  7:36 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-28  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aoliva, Help-gcc

Thank you for responding...

1) When, I try to run ./a.out
       it complains about , libucb.so.1  not found
      So, I tried :
     ld  -R  /usr/ucblib

    and it does not complain any more about that problem.
   Then I try to run :  ./a.out it cores dump.

Thank you
AREF

---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/28/2001 10:29 AM ---------------------------

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>@guarana.lsd.ic.unicamp.br on 02/28/2001
10:53:10 AM

Sent by:  aoliva@guarana.lsd.ic.unicamp.br

To:   aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com
cc:   Help-gcc@gnu.org

On Feb 28, 2001, aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

>  when,  I use : setenv   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ucblib

Why?

* Re: Core Dump , when running ./a.out
@ 2001-02-28  7:29 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sherry, Help-gcc

Thank you for responding .

   I tried to compile this, before :

 #include <iostream>
using namespace std;
main ()
{
  cout << "this is a test \n";
}

It the same problem, because I tried it with both ways before.

I downloaded the patch:  gcc-2.9.5.2
because I have a      :  INTEL Solaris 7

I do not know what version of g++ (But I know the patch is: gcc-2.9.5.2
, because the computer is not here with me now.

Thanks
AREF
---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/28/2001 10:20 AM ---------------------------

sherry <sherry@zeroknowledge.com>@zeroknowledge.com on 02/28/2001 10:11:02
AM

Sent by:  sherry@zeroknowledge.com

To:   aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com, gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
cc:

Hi ,

aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> Hello Folks
>
>   I have a problem when I ran my program it cores dump,
>   I will appreciate it if you give some help solving this problem.
>
>  Here is my  program ,  bb.cc
>
> #include <iostream.h>
> main()
>   {
>     count << "this is a test\n";
>  }

I am not sure if you really want to use iostream.h or iostream?
You probably know the difference, being that iostream is in std name space
and
iostream.h is not.
If it does not make a difference to you try thsi one.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
main ()
{
  cout << "this is a test \n";
}

and then g++ test.cc
what version of g++ you are running?
/usr/local/bin/g++ -v

* Re: Core Dump , when running ./a.out
@ 2001-02-28  7:23 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-28  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaboulhosn; +Cc: Help-gcc

@ 2001-02-28  7:11 ` sherry
From: sherry @ 2001-02-28  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aaboulhosn, gcc-help

Hi ,

@ 2001-02-28  5:44 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-28  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gcc

Hello Folks

  I have a problem when I ran my program it cores dump,
  I will appreciate it if you give some help solving this problem.

 Here is my  program ,  bb.cc

#include <iostream.h>
main()
  {
    count << "this is a test\n";
 }

 1)   I compile my program :    /usr/local/bin/g++    bb.cc

 2)  when I run it  :      ./a.out
      it cores dump

3) I tried to debug it :
     adb    ./a.out

   It gave me this message:
   core file = core -- program "a.out" on platform i86pc
   SIGSEGV: Seqmentation Fault

   when, I compile my :  aa.c
   and  run it,
   it does not core dump    for   a    C  program
  it cores dump only for a C++ only

Thank you
AREF Aboulhosn

---------------------- Forwarded by AREF ABOULHOSN/F47621C/VEND/FEDEX on
02/28/2001 08:35 AM ---------------------------

AREF ABOULHOSN
02/27/2001 01:24 PM

To:   help-gcc@gnu.org
cc:

To:   aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com
cc:

aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> I compiled my bb.cc  program
> using /usr/local/bin/g++  bb.cc
>
> I tried to compile with :   bb.cpp. bb.c, bb.cc, bb.C   almost all the
> options.

It should have no influence.

@ 2001-02-27  6:09 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-27  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: davidb, help-gcc

To:   aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com
cc:

aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> I compiled my bb.cc  program
> using /usr/local/bin/g++  bb.cc
>
> I tried to compile with :   bb.cpp. bb.c, bb.cc, bb.C   almost all the
> options.

It should have no influence.

@ 2001-02-26 10:41 aaboulhosn
From: aaboulhosn @ 2001-02-26 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gcc

Hello

 Here where I am now  !!

I compiled my bb.cc  program
using /usr/local/bin/g++  bb.cc

I tried to compile with :   bb.cpp. bb.c, bb.cc, bb.C   almost all the
options.

when I run my ./a.out    file
it gives me the following message:

/usr/ucblib/libucb.so.1  not found

So I resolve this problem by usig :  ld   -R  /usr/ucblib

BUT, now,   when , I run ./a.out , it complains :    core dump

and my program looks like this:

#include <iostream.h>

main()
 {
    int a;
    a = 1;

   cout    << "  I am testing  " <<   a;
}

I tried all the option , I change the path of the iostream.h file in my
program  to:
#include   "/my/path/iostream.h"      for example.

the core dump is coming from the : iostream.h  file , because I  changed
the program to:

#include  "/my/path/iostream.h"
main()
   {

[...]