* Cross compiler build fails for bad inclusion
@ 2004-01-01 23:31 Ghassan Shobaki
From: Ghassan Shobaki @ 2004-01-01 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am currently trying to build an hppa-linux cross compiler. The build
fails because it cannot find the header files pthread.h and unistd.h. The
files do exist under   gcc-3.3.1/gcc/fixinc/tests/base (which seems to be
some sort of patch). However, I don't know how to get gcc to see them. Of
course, Itried adding that directory to my path, but that did not help.
I tried to search the gcc manual for information on how to set the include
path (which I don't think I am supposed to do by myself), but could not find
anything.
Any idea how what the problem is and how I can solve it?

Thanks

-Ghassan

* Re: Cross compiler build fails for bad inclusion
@ 2004-01-03  5:25 ` Ghassan Shobaki
From: Ghassan Shobaki @ 2004-01-03  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qinfeng.zhang; +Cc: gcc-help

Actually, I have just found the file pthread.h under /usr/include and it
does define the type that the compiler is complaining about.
However, gcc cannot find that file while it is building the cross
compiler. What can I do to get gcc to see it?

Thanks

-Ghassan

@ 2004-01-02 23:23 ` Ghassan Shobaki
From: Ghassan Shobaki @ 2004-01-02 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qinfeng.zhang; +Cc: gcc-help

No, there is not. And I am a regular user who doesn't have access to that
area. Is there a way to get gcc (the native gcc compiler that I am using
to build the cross compiler) to see the "gcc-3.3.1/gcc/fixinc/tests/base"
directory? Any solutions that you suggest?

@ 2004-01-02  1:20 qinfeng.zhang
From: qinfeng.zhang @ 2004-01-02  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ghassan Shobaki; +Cc: gcc-help

In your linux system, is there the file pthread.h under /usr/include?

Regards              /)/)
                    (-.-)
Qinfeng Zhang

Philips Research East Asia - Shanghai
Tel: (86-21) 6354 1088 Ext. 5356
Fax: (86-21) 6354 4954
Email: qinfeng.zhang@philips.com

                                                   To:   gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
                                                   cc:   (bcc: Qinfeng Zhang/SHA/RESEARCH/PHILIPS)
                                                   Subject:    Cross compiler build fails for bad inclusion