* Sparc/Solaris 7 problem
@ 2001-01-09 15:06 leam
From: leam @ 2001-01-09 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello, did not find this one in the FAQ, and the patch mentioned in one of
the docs has not been applied.

I'm using Sparc/Solaris 7 on a sparc station 5, with no 64bit support. The
only unbundled software is gunzip and gcc 2.95.2, both from
sunfreeware.com. Gcc, per pkginfo, installed correctly and fully.

I'm not sure what other information would be useful, but I've put some of
the output files and notes on a web page so the e-mail is shorter.

http://reuel.net/toolshed/hello.html

ciao!

leam

* Re: Sparc/Solaris 7 problem
@ 2001-01-12  4:35 ` leam
From: leam @ 2001-01-12  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Reloaded the OS with 64 bit support, and have not patched anything yet.
The gcc now works.

I'm still a little unhappy. I did fix the problem, but I have learned
nothing in the process. Well, not enough. How do I find out about how to
resolve these issues without the "brute force" method of an OS reload?

ciao!

leam

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, leam wrote:

> Hello, did not find this one in the FAQ, and the patch mentioned in one of
> the docs has not been applied.
>
> I'm using Sparc/Solaris 7 on a sparc station 5, with no 64bit support. The
> only unbundled software is gunzip and gcc 2.95.2, both from
> sunfreeware.com. Gcc, per pkginfo, installed correctly and fully.
>
> I'm not sure what other information would be useful, but I've put some of
> the output files and notes on a web page so the e-mail is shorter.
>
> http://reuel.net/toolshed/hello.html
>
> ciao!
>
> leam

* Re: Sparc/Solaris 7 problem
@ 2001-01-15  4:05   ` leam
From: leam @ 2001-01-15  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Patched the OS, and it seems fine, now. Guess it was the 64 bit support.

Is there anyone here who is good with gcc on Sparc Solaris?

ciao!

leam

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, leam wrote:

> Reloaded the OS with 64 bit support, and have not patched anything yet.
> The gcc now works.
>
> I'm still a little unhappy. I did fix the problem, but I have learned
> nothing in the process. Well, not enough. How do I find out about how to
> resolve these issues without the "brute force" method of an OS reload?
>
> ciao!
>
> leam

* RE: Sparc/Solaris 7 problem
@ 2001-01-12  4:42 David Korn
From: David Korn @ 2001-01-12  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'leam', gcc-help

>Reloaded the OS with 64 bit support, and have not patched anything yet.
>The gcc now works.
>
>I'm still a little unhappy. I did fix the problem, but I have learned
>nothing in the process. Well, not enough. How do I find out
>about how to
>resolve these issues without the "brute force" method of an OS reload?

  Hi leam,

  news:comp.os.solaris would be a good place to start.  There's probably
more people there who know the specifically solaris-related complications
than here.  There may even be a FAQ.

     DaveK

--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com