* modify gcc's include list
@ 2000-05-02 16:41 Robert.Lopez
From: Robert.Lopez @ 2000-05-02 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have a departmental server on which there is
/usr/local/... and stable tools.

On my workstation I build newer tools which are in
/usr/local1/.... I usually build with
"../configure --prefix=/usr/local1".

It appears that when I build gcc-2.95.1 I should have
used
"../configure --prefix=/usr/local1
              --with-local-prefix=/usr/local1"

After several months of using this gcc today I found
out [server down] that gcc looks in /usr/local/include
instead of /usr/local1/include.

Is there a way to modify gcc to fix this without
building it again? I build from CD with a temp build
dir which I no longer have.

Thanks.

-Robert Lopez

* Re: modify gcc's include list
@ 2000-05-02 23:07 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2000-05-02 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert.Lopez; +Cc: gcc-help

On Tue, 2 May 2000 Robert.Lopez@abq.sc.philips.com wrote:

> I have a departmental server on which there is
> /usr/local/... and stable tools.
>
> On my workstation I build newer tools which are in
> /usr/local1/.... I usually build with
> "../configure --prefix=/usr/local1".
>
> It appears that when I build gcc-2.95.1 I should have
> used
> "../configure --prefix=/usr/local1
>               --with-local-prefix=/usr/local1"
>
> After several months of using this gcc today I found
> out [server down] that gcc looks in /usr/local/include
> instead of /usr/local1/include.
>
> Is there a way to modify gcc to fix this without
> building it again? I build from CD with a temp build
> dir which I no longer have.

I think your only recourse is tricks such as -I, C_INCLUDE_PATH, or,
  perhaps editing your specs file (not for the faint of heart).

See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_2.html#SEC14 (for -I).
See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_2.html#SEC47 (for C_INCLUDE_PATH)

I do not where to find docs for the specs file, so on second thought,
  leave it alone.