* need solaris 8 gcc binary
@ 2000-05-04  9:16 Vince Sabio
From: Vince Sabio @ 2000-05-04  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hi folks,

New here, so please pardon this request if it's a repeat. I just
installed Solaris 8, which apparently doesn't come with a compiler,
which means that I can't build gcc locally. I called to purchase the
GNU Compiler Tools CD, but FSF doesn't have Solaris 8 binaries yet.
What they *do* have is a very helpful person who referred me to this
forum.

So, anyone know where I can get a pre-compiled gcc installation? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince
Vince Sabio                     Got Bounces? < http://www.smartbounce.com/ >
vince-lists@vjs.org               Got Jokes? < http://www.humournet.com/ >
                                    Got Spam? < http://www.cauce.org/ >

* Re: need solaris 8 gcc binary
@ 2000-05-04 11:14 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2000-05-04 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vince Sabio; +Cc: help-gcc

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Vince Sabio wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> New here, so please pardon this request if it's a repeat. I just
> installed Solaris 8, which apparently doesn't come with a compiler,
> which means that I can't build gcc locally. I called to purchase the
> GNU Compiler Tools CD, but FSF doesn't have Solaris 8 binaries yet.
> What they *do* have is a very helpful person who referred me to this
> forum.
>
> So, anyone know where I can get a pre-compiled gcc installation? Any
> help is greatly appreciated.

[snip]

sunfreeware.com

http://gcc.gnu.org/fom_serv/cache/57.html