* Re: mode dependent constants in gcc
@ 2001-02-10  5:28 Soubhik Bhattacharya
From: Soubhik Bhattacharya @ 2001-02-10  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC-Help List

u can force this using addl constraints (CONST_OK_FOR_LETTER_P)......
see sparc.md for example.

--soubhik.

----------------------
Hi,
 I am working for gcc z80 port.
 In z80 the valid constants range depends on the
 instruction that involves the constants.
  If it is an 8 bit operation, the valid range is
       -128 to 127 and it differs in the
 16 bit operations.
  But in gcc I am not able to figure out how to
 handle this. The macro LEGITIMATE_CONSTANT
 checks for the valid constant range.
 But actually if I say
   some mode dependent check, it does n't work.
 May be because constants can pass any mode.
  Could you please tell me how to handle this.
 If I am assuming something wrong please let me know. thanks and regards
V.Brahmaiah

* mode dependent constants in gcc
@ 2001-02-08  1:48 brahmaiah vallabhaneni