* Managing different versions of GCC installed
@ 2004-11-10  8:35 BSH666
       [not found] ` <20041110090331.A12397__22922.4009592601$1100141103$gmane$org@synopsys.com>
From: BSH666 @ 2004-11-10  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: gcc, bsh666

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 825 bytes --]

Hello,

I try to get wine working on debian and it requires
some gcc libraries I
think. There is the error message

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for
builtin L"gdi32.dll":
/usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.3' not
found (required by
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5)

So I installed GCC 3.4 using apt-get. It completed
successfully, but now I
have just one more version of GCC installed and wine
still doesn't work.
Typing gcc --version returns gcc 3.2.2. How do I
remove the old version of
gcc and how do I make the new one's libraries
accessible to wine and other
apps? Please, don’t laugh if I am asking a stupid
question I am not very
good at unix yet.

Best Regards,

Boris

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

* Re: Managing different versions of GCC installed
@ 2004-11-10 17:03 ` Joe Buck
       [not found] ` <20041110090331.A12397__22922.4009592601$1100141103$gmane$org@synopsys.com>
From: Joe Buck @ 2004-11-10 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BSH666; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc, bsh666

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 12:35:19AM -0800, BSH666 wrote:
> I try to get wine working on debian and it requires
> some gcc libraries I
> think. There is the error message

You are writing on the developers' list for the compiler, not a good
place to get your questions answered.  It's not a help list for people
who are just trying to install or use gcc.  I suggest trying the Debian
user's list.  See lists.debian.org for how to access the Debian mailing
lists.

@ 2004-11-11  3:58   ` Jeffrey Holle
From: Jeffrey Holle @ 2004-11-11  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

If this, gmane.comp.gcc.help, is the developer's list, what is
gmane.comp.gcc.devel? Perhaps a help list?

@ 2004-11-11  4:01     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2004-11-11  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey Holle; +Cc: gcc-help

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jeffrey Holle wrote:

> If this, gmane.comp.gcc.help, is the developer's list, what is
> gmane.comp.gcc.devel? Perhaps a help list?

gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org (gatewayed to gmane.comp.gcc.help) is the help
list.

The original poster, however, copied gcc@gcc.gnu.org (probably gatewayed
to  gmane.comp.gcc.devel) , which is *not* a help list, it's a developer
list