* Can GCC be used for extracting comments (like Doxygen)?
@ 2005-10-03 10:35 Rajasekaran, Deepak (IE10)
From: Rajasekaran, Deepak (IE10) @ 2005-10-03 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Help

I have many C files with Javadoc-style comments. Each statement contains a
comment before it. I need to generate documentation from this. I am looking
for a tool which takes the C files and generates a file from which the
documentation and the corresponding source code can be easily extracted
(i.e., more easily than by parsing the source code).

I tried Ccdoc but it processes only header files. I tried Doxygen but it
loses the correspondence between the comments and source code. Is it
possible to use GCC for this purpose?

Thanks in advance.
--
Masatran (Rajasekaran Deepak)

* Re: Can GCC be used for extracting comments (like Doxygen)?
@ 2005-10-03 11:00 ` EMPEROR
From: EMPEROR @ 2005-10-03 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajasekaran, Deepak (IE10); +Cc: GCC Help

hi
u may find this useful.
Doxygen is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, Objective-C, Python,
IDL (Corba and Microsoft flavors) and to some extent PHP, C#, and D.

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

--

 	Both Optimists and pessimists contribute equally to the society
 		Optimists invent aeroplanes and pessimists, parachutes