* Stack Overflow Question
@ 2020-11-23 12:05 Ming Cheng
From: Ming Cheng @ 2020-11-23 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

g++ std::variant seems can't support user class with std::atomic/std::mutex variable member (with detail/code)
https://stackoverflow.com/q/64968056/14492198?sem=2

* Re: Stack Overflow Question
@ 2021-04-10 11:25 ` johnsfine
From: johnsfine @ 2021-04-10 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

 I might be misunderstanding what parts of the original were stand-in for needed complexity in what you're really trying to do vs. what was unnecessary complexity.
But it appears the main problem you have would be fixed usinghttps://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/types/type_info/nameor some similar feature.That is documented as "implementation defined", which would be the only reason this (rather than just stackoverflow) might be a valid place to ask about it.
If I'm understanding your intent correctly, you need CRTP for some other reasons (rather than just needing the name of an instantiation of a templated class in text form). But you also need that text, and your attempt to produce it broke another aspect of your class hierarchy.

So the question (beyond my gcc knowledge at the moment) is whether the above mentioned method, vs. some gcc extention, will produce (at compile time) the appropriate text version of the name of an instantiation of a templated class.

From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-04-10  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ming Cheng; +Cc: gcc-help

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 05:55 Ming Cheng via Gcc-help, <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
wrote:

> C++ CRTP pattern and virtual function call
> https://stackoverflow.com/q/65987043/14492198?sem=2

This is not a question about GCC, it's just about how to design your C++
classes. Stack overflow is a suitable place to ask, not here.

* Stack Overflow Question
@ 2021-04-10  4:43 Ming Cheng
From: Ming Cheng @ 2021-04-10  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2020-11-23 15:39 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-11-23 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ming Cheng; +Cc: gcc-help

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 at 06:39, Ming Cheng via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> g++ std::variant seems can't support user class with std::atomic/std::mutex variable member
> https://stackoverflow.com/q/64963565/14492198?sem=2

You haven't provided enough information for anybody to help you.

* Stack Overflow Question
@ 2020-11-23  6:37 Ming Cheng
From: Ming Cheng @ 2020-11-23  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help