* FW: debug info, template class member method
       [not found] <SNT106-W339D5AB5FDCA9D2228820BB1770@phx.gbl>
@ 2011-05-28  6:50 ` Jonas Paulsson
From: Jonas Paulsson @ 2011-05-28  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

 Hi,

I am trying to debug a template class, but I get a long method name and "...which has no line number information.". The member function is defined in the .h file, inside the class definition.

I wonder if it is possible to step through a template member function with gdb? I have tried g++ -O0 -ggdb -fno-default-inline, but no luck.

Jonas

* Re: FW: debug info, template class member method
@ 2011-05-28 15:52   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-05-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Paulsson; +Cc: gcc-help

Jonas Paulsson <jnspaulsson@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to debug a template class, but I get a long method name and "...which has no line number information.". The member function is defined in the .h file, inside the class definition.
>
> I wonder if it is possible to step through a template member function with gdb? I have tried g++ -O0 -ggdb -fno-default-inline, but no luck.

Which version of gcc and which version of gdb?

Stepping through inline template member functions seem to move between
working and non-working with changes to the tools.  Unfortunately I
don't know of any way to get it to work when it is not working.

If you are using a current version of gcc, please file a bug report with
a test case and including info about the gdb you are using.  Thanks.

Ian

* RE: debug info, template class member method
@ 2011-05-30  9:20     ` Jonas Paulsson
From: Jonas Paulsson @ 2011-05-30  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iant; +Cc: gcc-help

> > I am trying to debug a template class, but I get a long method name and "...which has no line number information.". The member function is defined in the .h file, inside the class definition.
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible to step through a template member function with gdb? I have tried g++ -O0 -ggdb -fno-default-inline, but no luck.
>
> Which version of gcc and which version of gdb?

gcc version 4.3.4 (GCC)

GNU gdb  6.8.50.20081120-cvs

/Jonas