* Is there a page somewhere about obsolete OS revisions ?
@ 2022-01-02 21:06 Dennis Clarke
From: Dennis Clarke @ 2022-01-02 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

     I have been searching around the documentation but I do not see
where the --enable-obsolete happens for a given release. For example
in the "changes" for GCC 7.5.0 on Nov 14, 2019 :

     https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-7/changes.html

     There I see RISC-V but no mention of Linux or FreeBSD. Just as an
example. Lets suppose I dragged out some old old machine and installed
some old old dusty OS on it just for fun. Can I bootstrap GCC 7.5.0 or
so I need to go to GCC 4.7 and GNU binutils 2.23.1 ?  I have an Apple
PowerMac G5 quad and a SPARCStation 20 both running fine but no clear
idea what rev of GCC is best to bootstrap.

     Happy New Year and all that jazz.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-02 21:06 UTC | newest]