* Problem with gcc v3.4.3?
@ 2004-11-26  3:58 Jeffrey Holle
From: Jeffrey Holle @ 2004-11-26  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm running Mandrake linux v10.0 offical release.

I've developed a problem recently in linking cpp applications that use
shared libraries.

This may have been caused by:
   a.  upgrading to gcc v3.4.3 from v3.4.2, or
   b.  rebuilding my linux system.

In multiple applications, I get:
   /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: undefined reference to `errno@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
   /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: undefined reference to
`__libc_dl_error_tsd@GLIBC_PRIVATE'

In the past, I didn't need to explicitly link to libc.so, I assume that
it auto-linked as needed.  Now it doesn't matter if I link to it or not.

Can someone point of the cause of this error?

* Re: Problem with gcc v3.4.3?
@ 2004-11-26  7:09 ` Jeffrey Holle
From: Jeffrey Holle @ 2004-11-26  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Answered my own question.
I needed to link to pthread in these applications.
The link error confused me in that I thought pthread was being linked to
and was the component making the undefined reference.
Guess not....