* How to set CC enviroment?
@ 2000-01-04 17:30 Danny Goh
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Danny Goh @ 2000-01-04 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

As I run the ./configure, the machine show this problem..

Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
Created "Makefile" in /opt/srcdir using "mh-frag"
./configure: cc: not found
*** The command 'ccc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

Thanks in advance

* RE: How to set CC enviroment?
@ 2000-01-04 17:45 ` Saran
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Saran @ 2000-01-04 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Goh, help-gcc

Hi,

By the looks of it, your machine does not have a working compiler on it.
Goto www.sunfreeware.com to download a working compiler.  Install it and
then run configure.

Cheers,
Saran.

* Re: How to set CC enviroment?
@ 2000-01-05 22:27 ` Mike Reilly
From: Mike Reilly @ 2000-01-05 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

You can check if your CC environment variable is set by typing 'set' at the
command prompt.  To create a CC variable if one doesn't exist, type
'CC="/usr/sbin/gcc" or whatever the path is to gcc (sorry I'm on an NT box
right now, don't have a decent news reader for Linux yet - anyone have any
suggestions for a powerful yet easy to use one?).

You can then check if your CC variable is set by typing 'set' once again.
If typing 'set' returns too many for one screen, redirect output to a file.
set >> vars.txt
for example.

However, it may be that you don't currently have things set up correctly on
your machine.  On mine (mandrake 6.0), I didn't have any development
libraries installed, and couldn't get anything going correctly until I did
(doh! there goes a couple of days figuring that out).

If you have a lot of problems, deja news will be your best resource, as well
as the gcc docs.  Good luck.

Mike
Danny Goh wrote in message < 84u6gd$shk$1@news4.jaring.my >...
>As I run the ./configure, the machine show this problem..
>
>Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
>Created "Makefile" in /opt/srcdir using "mh-frag"
>./configure: cc: not found
>*** The command 'ccc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
>*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>
>Thanks in advance

* Re: How to set CC enviroment?
@ 2000-01-06 10:05   ` James Moody
From: James Moody @ 2000-01-06 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Mike,

We're having exactly the same problem over here with the setup - would you
maybe be able to give me a few pointers about how you installed these (have
been looking on the Solaris CDs but can't seem to find the right one

cheers,

James

@ 2000-01-06 18:45 ` Craig Simpson
From: Craig Simpson @ 2000-01-06 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

CC=gcc
export CC

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:25:07 +0800, "Danny Goh" <danny@dancom.po.my>
wrote:

>As I run the ./configure, the machine show this problem..
>
>Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
>Created "Makefile" in /opt/srcdir using "mh-frag"
>./configure: cc: not found
>*** The command 'ccc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
>*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>
>Thanks in advance

* Re: How to set CC enviroment?
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Craig Simpson
From: Craig Simpson @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

wrote:

>As I run the ./configure, the machine show this problem..
>
>Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
>Created "Makefile" in /opt/srcdir using "mh-frag"
>./configure: cc: not found
>*** The command 'ccc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
>*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>
>Thanks in advance

* How to set CC enviroment?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Danny Goh
From: Danny Goh @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

@ 2000-04-01  0:00     ` James Moody
From: James Moody @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Saran
From: Saran @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Goh, help-gcc

Hi,

By the looks of it, your machine does not have a working compiler on it.
Goto www.sunfreeware.com to download a working compiler.  Install it and
then run configure.

Cheers,
Saran.