* RE: required disk space?
@ 2004-11-15 17:28 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-11-15 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wyatt.mike, gcc-help

It builds three copies of the compiler, so it can take up a lot of
space.  From the installation docs:

If you are short on disk space you might consider make bootstrap-lean
instead. This is identical to make bootstrap except that object files
from the stage1 and stage2 of the 3-stage bootstrap of the compiler are
deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.

Try "make bootstrap-lean".

Thanks,
Lyle

From: Mike Wyatt @ 2004-11-15 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lrtaylor, gcc-help

thanks for the reply
I ended up removing what I could, and getting enough free space for it

but yeah, I was already doing a make bootstrap4-lean, and before that
I had tried a make bootstrap-lean, both stopped due to low disk space

but no worries now, I've gotten GCC completly compiled, thanks anyways!

--
- Mike Wyatt

* required disk space?
@ 2004-11-13 17:07 Mike Wyatt