* Pls help me
@ 2005-04-05  6:35 Venkat Narayana
From: Venkat Narayana @ 2005-04-05  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

 I want to compile the gcc compiler with other compiler in windows OS.
Could you please let me know the step by step procedure to do this ?

Many Thanks,
Venkat.

* Re: Pls help me
@ 2005-04-05 16:31 ` corey taylor
       [not found]   ` <f6c9656a050503230422f707bb@mail.gmail.com>
From: corey taylor @ 2005-04-05 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkat Narayana; +Cc: gcc-help

There's no need to compile GCC with a different compiler in windows.
You can download and start with a perfectly working version.
Compiling a proper gcc for Mingw32 requires a lot of patching and
extra setup anyway.

I don't know if MSVC compiling of GCC is even possible -- anyone?

corey

On Apr 5, 2005 1:35 AM, Venkat Narayana <venkatnarayana.k@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I want to compile the gcc compiler with other compiler in windows OS.
> Could you please let me know the step by step procedure to do this ?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Venkat.

* Pls help me
       [not found]   ` <f6c9656a050503230422f707bb@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2005-05-04 14:45     ` corey taylor
From: corey taylor @ 2005-05-04 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi ,

    I want to compile the Gcc source code with my own arm compiler.For that
i did two things :

1.Changed the CC environment variable to armcc(arm compiler)
2.During configuration i am specifying host=arm-*-coff.But it is not working.
It is giving error as bad value -mcpu=swith (pentiumbro).
How to change this ? What are the option do i need to specify while
configuring ?

Thanks,
Venkat.

On 4/5/05, corey taylor <corey.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no need to compile GCC with a different compiler in windows.
> You can download and start with a perfectly working version.
> Compiling a proper gcc for Mingw32 requires a lot of patching and
> extra setup anyway.
>
> I don't know if MSVC compiling of GCC is even possible -- anyone?
>
> corey
>
> On Apr 5, 2005 1:35 AM, Venkat Narayana <venkatnarayana.k@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I want to compile the gcc compiler with other compiler in windows OS.
> > Could you please let me know the step by step procedure to do this ?
> >
> > Many Thanks,
> > Venkat.

* Re: Pls help me .. or how to create useful subjects in some steps
@ 2005-05-04 15:02       ` Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
From: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda @ 2005-05-04 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, corey taylor, Venkat Narayana; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi,

option 1)

write the mail to the list, and then after have read it, make a title of the
mail that could identify what about it.

option 2)

write a title about the idea, or the problem, or the question that you have
and then write the mail.

After send the mail to the list

Regards .....

A Dimecres 04 Maig 2005 16:42, corey taylor va escriure:
> Hi ,
>
>     I want to compile the Gcc source code with my own arm compiler.For that
> i did two things :
>
> 1.Changed the CC environment variable to armcc(arm compiler)
> 2.During configuration i am specifying host=arm-*-coff.But it is not
> working. It is giving error as bad value -mcpu=swith (pentiumbro).
> How to change this ? What are the option do i need to specify while
> configuring ?
>
> Thanks,
> Venkat.
>
> On 4/5/05, corey taylor <corey.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's no need to compile GCC with a different compiler in windows.
> > You can download and start with a perfectly working version.
> > Compiling a proper gcc for Mingw32 requires a lot of patching and
> > extra setup anyway.
> >
> > I don't know if MSVC compiling of GCC is even possible -- anyone?
> >
> > corey
> >
> > On Apr 5, 2005 1:35 AM, Venkat Narayana <venkatnarayana.k@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I want to compile the gcc compiler with other compiler in windows OS.
> > > Could you please let me know the step by step procedure to do this ?
> > >
> > > Many Thanks,
> > > Venkat.

* Re: Use different host compiler
@ 2005-05-04 15:05         ` corey taylor
From: corey taylor @ 2005-05-04 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda; +Cc: gcc-help, Venkat Narayana

I just thought he sent to me accidentally.

He's asking if he can use his own arm compiler as the host build for
gcc I think?

corey

On 5/4/05, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <lepalom@wol.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> option 1)
>
> write the mail to the list, and then after have read it, make a title of the
> mail that could identify what about it.
>
> option 2)
>
> write a title about the idea, or the problem, or the question that you have
> and then write the mail.
>
> After send the mail to the list
>
> Regards .....
>
> A Dimecres 04 Maig 2005 16:42, corey taylor va escriure:
> > Hi ,
> >
> >     I want to compile the Gcc source code with my own arm compiler.For that
> > i did two things :
> >
> > 1.Changed the CC environment variable to armcc(arm compiler)
> > 2.During configuration i am specifying host=arm-*-coff.But it is not
> > working. It is giving error as bad value -mcpu=swith (pentiumbro).
> > How to change this ? What are the option do i need to specify while
> > configuring ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Venkat.
> >
> > On 4/5/05, corey taylor <corey.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > There's no need to compile GCC with a different compiler in windows.
> > > You can download and start with a perfectly working version.
> > > Compiling a proper gcc for Mingw32 requires a lot of patching and
> > > extra setup anyway.
> > >
> > > I don't know if MSVC compiling of GCC is even possible -- anyone?
> > >
> > > corey

* Pls Help me
@ 2005-04-06  7:52 Venkat Narayana
From: Venkat Narayana @ 2005-04-06  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
     I want to analyse the performance of my own compiler.
I would like to know whether my compiler is capable of compiling the
Gcc compiler.
So please let me know how to proceed to do this step by step ?
I don't need allready compiled version of Gcc.

Many Thanks,
Venkat.

* Re: Pls help me
@ 2005-04-05 16:16 Name lastlong
From: Name lastlong @ 2005-04-05 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkat Narayana, gcc-help

Hi,

mingw and cygwin are the two things that can help you
to do build GCC in windows.

Just search on google for this stuff.

Regards,
BREW