* Compiling functions without return type.
@ 2000-01-27 12:07 amol jakatdar
From: amol jakatdar @ 2000-01-27 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc Help

Hi,

is there a way to compile following code using g++:

#include <stdio.h>

f();  // Function defination w/o return type

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        f();
        return 0;
}

f()
{
        printf("%d",1);
        return 0;
}

I know this is against ANSI standards, but I have some header files,
defining functions like this.

Amol

* Re: Compiling functions without return type.
@ 2000-01-27 15:46 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2000-01-27 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amol jakatdar; +Cc: Gcc Help

amol jakatdar <ajakatda@cs.odu.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to compile following code using g++:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> f();  // Function defination w/o return type
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>         f();
>         return 0;
> }
>
> f()
> {
>         printf("%d",1);
>         return 0;
> }
>
> I know this is against ANSI standards, but I have some header files,
> defining functions like this.

Try -fpermissive .
I know a few people who have used -fpermissive to build stuff like gtk
  on solaris (which has many many lines of non-compliant code like the
  above in its old X11 headers) .

Of course, it is best to fix the code, since the C99 (new ANSI C
  standard) makes k & r style function defs errors.

* Re: Compiling functions without return type.
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amol jakatdar; +Cc: Gcc Help

@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` amol jakatdar