* RE: Coloured compile errors
@ 2004-03-17 22:13 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-03-17 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jarl, gcc-help

That's a wrapper over GCC that parses and colorizes the output.  I can't
think of the name of the program off the top of my head, but I suspect
that if you do an "rpm -qa | grep gcc", you'll see the package related
to it.  Or Google for "color gcc" or something like that, and I'm sure
you'll find something.  Once you find the package, you can probably just
remove it and life will (probably) go on like normal.

Cheers,
Lyle

From: Jarl Friis @ 2004-03-18 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lrtaylor; +Cc: gcc-help

lrtaylor@micron.com writes:

> That's a wrapper over GCC that parses and colorizes the output.  I can't
> think of the name of the program off the top of my head, but I suspect
> that if you do an "rpm -qa | grep gcc", you'll see the package related
> to it.  Or Google for "color gcc" or something like that, and I'm sure
> you'll find something.  Once you find the package, you can probably just
> remove it and life will (probably) go on like normal.

Thank you very much. That helped.
Further 'ls -l `which g++`' also helped a bit. That shows the link to colorgcc.

I think it's a neat feature/program, it just work more smoth without
colorgcc when compiling from within XEmacs.

Jarl

--
Jarl Friis
Softace