* DT_TEXTREL - how to avoid this warning
@ 2006-11-30 16:09 Helmut Jarausch
From: Helmut Jarausch @ 2006-11-30 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I couldn't find anything in the web.

(I believe) I have clean C++ code but g++-4.1.1
emits the following warning during generation of
a dynamic library (on Linux)
   warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object

What should I be warned against?
How can I avoid this.

Many thanks for your help.

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

* Re: DT_TEXTREL - how to avoid this warning
@ 2006-11-30 17:05 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2006-11-30 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jarausch; +Cc: gcc-help

Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> (I believe) I have clean C++ code but g++-4.1.1
> emits the following warning during generation of
> a dynamic library (on Linux)
>    warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object

This means that you are including an object in the shared library
which was compiled without the -fpic option.

Ian