* Changing Defalt  Directory For Private Key
@ 2005-10-03 20:22 PETRA/ KEVIN MORAIS
From: PETRA/ KEVIN MORAIS @ 2005-10-03 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I got gcc working on my windowz box so's I can compile
the sorce, have compiled the source and get it working
fine.

But by defalt it creates and stores my keys in my
C:\Documents and Settings\kevin\Application Data\gnupg

I would like it to create and store the keys in
A:\gunpg, ya see, I Never want the Private Key on my
local computer I want it on a Floppy or USB, that I
can then Put into a Safety deposit box.  You see it is
much harder break into a bank and take a saftey
deposit box than my office and take my computer.

Anyhow can some one point me in the right direction on
the source, on what I can change in the source to get
this to work?

Thank's Kevin

I'm compiling using Gnupg-1.4.2

* Re: Changing Defalt  Directory For Private Key
@ 2005-10-03 20:32 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-10-03 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PETRA/ KEVIN MORAIS; +Cc: gcc-help

PETRA/ KEVIN MORAIS <kevinmorais@rogers.com> writes:

> But by defalt it creates and stores my keys in my
> C:\Documents and Settings\kevin\Application Data\gnupg
>
> I would like it to create and store the keys in
> A:\gunpg, ya see, I Never want the Private Key on my
> local computer I want it on a Floppy or USB, that I
> can then Put into a Safety deposit box.  You see it is
> much harder break into a bank and take a saftey
> deposit box than my office and take my computer.
>
> Anyhow can some one point me in the right direction on
> the source, on what I can change in the source to get
> this to work?

You need to ask a gnupg developer.  This mailing list is for gcc.  gcc
is not gnupg.

Ian