* log(x) how?
@ 2004-01-07 12:11 Douglas Macdonald
From: Douglas Macdonald @ 2004-01-07 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how log(x) is calculated, what
computational metod it uses?

And, where can I find the math.c source code, so that
I can investigate it myself?

Douglas

* Re: log(x) how?
@ 2004-01-07 15:39 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-01-07 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas Macdonald; +Cc: gcc-help

Douglas Macdonald <mm2ps@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Can anyone tell me how log(x) is calculated, what
> computational metod it uses?
>
> And, where can I find the math.c source code, so that
> I can investigate it myself?

The log() function does not come from gcc (except that gcc will
simplify a few cases).  It comes from your math library, -lm.  That is
where you have to look.  Since you didn't say what system you are
running on, we can't give you any suggestions as to where to find the
source.

Ian