* FAQ in the wiki
@ 2010-03-09  9:30 Manuel López-Ibáñez
From: Manuel López-Ibáñez @ 2010-03-09  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Given that many times a question has been answered repeatedly [1],
sometimes with more correctness than others. I created a FAQ page in
the wiki [2], where anyone can add/extend answers and then point
people to them. I hope this will save time of the people answering,
and, at the same time, it will provide more correct and complete
answers to questioners. So next time you are going to answer a
question, first think whether it may be asked again in the future, if
so, then add the answer to the wiki and just link to it in your reply.

It is a very simple wiki and the question I added should serve as a
template for adding others, so I hope the members of this list will
contribute.

Cheers,

Manuel.

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2010-03/msg00110.html
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ

* Re: FAQ in the wiki
@ 2010-03-10 15:46 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-03-10 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel López-Ibáñez; +Cc: gcc-help

Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez@gmail.com> writes:

> Given that many times a question has been answered repeatedly [1],
> sometimes with more correctness than others. I created a FAQ page in
> the wiki [2], where anyone can add/extend answers and then point
> people to them. I hope this will save time of the people answering,
> and, at the same time, it will provide more correct and complete
> answers to questioners. So next time you are going to answer a
> question, first think whether it may be asked again in the future, if
> so, then add the answer to the wiki and just link to it in your reply.
>
> It is a very simple wiki and the question I added should serve as a
> template for adding others, so I hope the members of this list will
> contribute.

Great idea, thanks for setting this up.

Ian