* GCC global_trees initialization
@ 2010-03-14 18:00 Steve Teale
From: Steve Teale @ 2010-03-14 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Declared in tree.h,

extern GTY(()) tree global_trees[TI_MAX];

and instantiated in tree.c

tree global_trees[TI_MAX];

I've searched for ages, and can't find where this gets initialized.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Steve

* Re: GCC global_trees initialization
@ 2010-03-14 18:18 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2010-03-14 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Teale; +Cc: gcc-help

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:28, Steve Teale <steve.teale@britseyeview.com> wrote:

> I've searched for ages, and can't find where this gets initialized.

tree.c:build_common_tree_nodes.  The initialization is hidden because
it's done via the #define symbols associated with each entry of
global_trees[].

Diego.

* Re: GCC global_trees initialization
@ 2010-03-15  7:18   ` Steve Teale
From: Steve Teale @ 2010-03-15  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc-help

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 14:00 -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
tree.c:build_common_tree_nodes.  The initialization is hidden because
it's done via the #define symbols associated with each entry of
global_trees[].

Diego.

Thanks Diego. Seems somewhat wrong way around, but then.

The one that was worrying me was va_list_type_node, which does not seem
to be mentioned. Does the language front end have to fill in the missing
squares?

@ 2010-03-16 15:16     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-03-16 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Teale; +Cc: Diego Novillo, gcc-help

Steve Teale <steve.teale@britseyeview.com> writes:

> The one that was worrying me was va_list_type_node, which does not seem
> to be mentioned. Does the language front end have to fill in the missing
> squares?

va_list_type_node is initialized by build_common_tree_nodes_2.  The
language frontend must call that after calling build_common_tree_nodes
and set_sizetype.

Ian