* libiberty is not installed anymore, but its header file still is
@ 2012-03-14 19:40 Nikos Chantziaras
From: Nikos Chantziaras @ 2012-03-14 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

GCC does not install libiberty anymore.  This commit has disabled it:

http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=revision&revision=175560

However, programs that were previously making use of functions like
vasprintf() compile just fine and only fail at link time.  This is
because libiberty.h is still installed by GCC.

Functions that are not available for the user shouldn't have any
prototypes.  Can this be considered as a GCC bug?

* Re: libiberty is not installed anymore, but its header file still is
@ 2012-03-15  2:55 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2012-03-15  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikos Chantziaras; +Cc: gcc-help

Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@gmail.com> writes:

> GCC does not install libiberty anymore.  This commit has disabled it:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=revision&revision=175560
>
> However, programs that were previously making use of functions like
> vasprintf() compile just fine and only fail at link time.  This is
> because libiberty.h is still installed by GCC.
>
> Functions that are not available for the user shouldn't have any
> prototypes.  Can this be considered as a GCC bug?

Yes.  If we don't install libiberty.a, we should not install
libiberty.h.

Ian