* Arm - Linux - Gcc
@ 2004-11-04  9:11 Erich Wenger
From: Erich Wenger @ 2004-11-04  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi!

I have a gcc compiler for an ARM Processor, but this doen't work under
cygwin.
Somebody told me that I should build a "toolchain", but I don't know how
to do.
So I need a short introduction in how to make a toolchain and generate a
version of
gcc for my cygwin.

Thanks a lot!
Erich Wenger

--
Erich Wenger
Graz University of Technology

* Re: Arm - Linux - Gcc
@ 2004-11-06  0:39 ` Brian Rose
From: Brian Rose @ 2004-11-06  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gcc-help

Erich Wenger wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a gcc compiler for an ARM Processor, but this doen't work under
> cygwin.
> Somebody told me that I should build a "toolchain", but I don't know
> how  to do.
> So I need a short introduction in how to make a toolchain and generate
> a  version of
> gcc for my cygwin.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Erich Wenger

I recently wrote up a document that walks a Win32 user through the steps
needed to install Cygwin, GCC, and other utilities used to develop embedded
software. This may not be appropriate for this list in the strictest sense,
but I feel that it has some good info for the people who read it. Much of
the document is actually platform neutral.

I'll be writing a follow up article (hopefully soon) on using these tools
to develop and deploy a "Hello World" program to an embedded target using
GCC/GDB.

The article is located at:
http://www.brianrose.net/columns/CrossToolsWin32.html

Feel free to drop me any comments or critiques.

--

Brian

* Arm - Linux - Gcc
@ 2004-11-04  9:12 Erich Wenger