* installing gcc on alpha Unix system
@ 2001-01-23  7:59 Kerich, Mike (NIAAA)
From: Kerich, Mike (NIAAA) @ 2001-01-23  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

I downloaded and configured the gcc-295.2 package from the GNU.  When I did
the make command to build the package, I got a ASM_START_FILE missing error
message which I got around by going to the gcc sub-dir and modifying the
config.h file to include the config/alpha/osf.h.  The make goes much further
but during the make of the libgcc2.c, it errors again saying that the itoft
command is not supported on the selected architecture.  I am thinking that
the configure is not properly finding the machine architecture.  Please let
me know what I might do to fix this problem.

   Mike  Kerich
   mikek@nih.gov

* Re: installing gcc on alpha Unix system
@ 2001-01-23 14:14 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-23 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kerich, Mike (NIAAA); +Cc: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

On Jan 23, 2001, "Kerich, Mike (NIAAA)" <mikek@lcs.niaaa.nih.gov> wrote:

> I downloaded and configured the gcc-295.2 package from the GNU.  When I did
> the make command to build the package, I got a ASM_START_FILE missing error
> message which I got around by going to the gcc sub-dir and modifying the
> config.h file to include the config/alpha/osf.h.

GCC 2.95.2 doesn't support Tru64 5.x.  You need a development snapshot.