* Suppressing ANSI errors
@ 2000-01-26 17:31 amol jakatdar
From: amol jakatdar @ 2000-01-26 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc Help

Hi,

I am getting following error while building :

/usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Xlib.h:3351 ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`XPutImage' with no type.

I want to suppress that, or repair that ..

Does anybody know how to do that ?

-Amol

* Re: Suppressing ANSI errors
@ 2000-01-27 12:18 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-01-27 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amol jakatdar; +Cc: Gcc Help

On Jan 26, 2000, amol jakatdar <ajakatda@cs.odu.edu> wrote:

> /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/Xlib.h:3351 ANSI C++ forbids declaration
> `XPutImage' with no type.

Yup, it's a bug in Solaris' headers.  You can arrange for gcc to
accept them by compiling with -fpedantic or with -isystem
/usr/openwin/share/include

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org

* Re: Suppressing ANSI errors
@ 2000-01-27 12:24   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-01-27 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amol jakatdar; +Cc: Gcc Help

On Jan 27, 2000, Alexandre Oliva <oliva@lsd.ic.unicamp.br> wrote:

> Yup, it's a bug in Solaris' headers.  You can arrange for gcc to
> accept them by compiling with -fpedantic or with -isystem
oops, that was kind of the opposite of what I meant.  It's
-fpermissive that you want.

--

@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)