* g++ adds -lstdc++ automatically?
@ 2000-01-28  6:14 Ari Inki
From: Ari Inki @ 2000-01-28  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

it'd seem that g++ feeds -lstdc++ automatically to ld. We're using
egcs-1.1.2 plus a third party stl lib, which never gets used since
-lstdc++ precedes it.

We'd like to disable the use of libstdc++.so, any pointers
appreciated.

Thanks,

	...Ari

* Re: g++ adds -lstdc++ automatically?
@ 2000-01-29 13:58 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-01-29 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ari.Inki; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan 28, 2000, Ari Inki <Ari.Inki@iki.fi> wrote:

> it'd seem that g++ feeds -lstdc++ automatically to ld. We're using
> egcs-1.1.2 plus a third party stl lib, which never gets used since
> -lstdc++ precedes it.

-lstdc++ is always added after any user-specified libraries.  Just
add -ltheotherstl to the linking command.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org

* g++ adds -lstdc++ automatically?